After 4 months I decided to cancel my subscription to Sephora’s monthly beauty box. Why? Click here to find out.
Yes its August but I wanted to post the contents of my last and final box. It was actually one of the better boxes and tried to tempt me to reconsider my cancellation but I stayed strong.
Below are the contents of July’s box.
1. Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick in the color Set Sail. I have not really played with this color so I do not have an official opinion on it.
2. A Rose Face Mask by Fresh. I’ve actually used this and talked about my thoughts in my Project Pan Update 2 post.
3. Superhero mascara by It Cosmetics. I’ve been LOVING this! My lashes look noticeably darker and longer. It layers easily. Does not clump. Does not flake throughout the day. I really, REALLY, like this mascara.
4. Clinique’s Pep-Start 2 n 1 Exfoliating Cleanser. I’ve used this a few times and I’m conflicted. I prefer a coarser exfoliant so I like that the exfoliating beads (or grains) do not dissolve. No matter if you massage your face for 20 seconds or 90 seconds, the grains are still present. What I don’t like is the smell! It’s very strong and chemically.
5. Madam CJ Walker’s Dream Come True Deep Conditioning Masque. This I have not tried yet. A few months ago I tried some styling products from the line which I talk about in-depth here. I’m hoping that this masque works. I’d really love to support the brand.
I also got a fragrance but I don’t remember what it was. I threw it away. I haven’t liked any of the scents they’ve included in any of the boxes. I am pretty particular with my fragrances and nothing they’ve sent aligns with what I like. So, they’ve all been pitched.
That’s it. I’m thinking I will give another beauty box a try in 2018. But for now. I’ll save my coins until I figure out which one I think will suit me best. If you are or have been a Sephora Play subscriber, let me know what you’ve thought of the boxes you’ve received so far. Also, if you are familiar with any of the products from this box, let’s talk about them in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to Like, Share, and Follow before you go.