Since December started Sephora has unveiled their evil plot to take all of us beauty lovers money! First the VIB sale, then the take $20 off sale. How’s a girl suppose to say no? Well, I couldn’t! I placed orders during both sales. My method for ordering which kept me from going overboard was to shop my “Loves” list that I’d previously curated. This I can honestly say, kept me from buying unnecessary or unplanned items. Below are the comined items I got from both sales.
1. Dr. Jart+ Clay Mask Foaming Cleanser Trio. These products are dual purose. They can be used one, as a mask by letting them set and dry on the face. And two, by adding warm water and working into a lather. So far I’ve only tried the refreshing mask (which is the one that is missing from the photo).
2. Origins Original Skin Mattifying Moisturizer. At the time, I was looking for a more natural moisturizer when I stumbled across this product which I like so far. It is indeed mattifying yet moisturizing. It has a soft scent that dissapates a few seconds after applying.
3. Tarte Pout Prep lip exfoliating scrub. Again I wanted something a bit more natural with less unpronounceable ingredients. This one by Tarte was the best option at Sephora. You may not be able to see in the photo, it does have buffing grains and is surprisingly moisturizing.
4. Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation. Unless you’ve been living under a rock you’ve probably heard of this foundation. Last year it was the talk of the town! I’ve eyed it for a year+ and finally decided to pull the trigger.
5. BareMinerals BareProp Performance Wear Foundation with SPF 20. In my original order, Sephora sent me a sample of the foundation in 4 shades. Cashmere, Natural, Toffee, and Hazelnut. I tried Hazelnut which was a bit dark but the formula was AMAZING! So when the $20 off sale arose I ordered the next shade lighter, Nutmeg which is PERFECT!
6. Colourpop Super Shock eyeshadow. I saw Tati Westbrook try this on her YouTube channel and I fell in love. I thought it would look great on a simple makeup day and could be ramped up for a more glam day. I have not figured out how to build up the intensity yet but its perfect on a simple makeup day.
7. Boscia White Charcoal mattifying setting spray. I’ve used this before. It works and I love it. No fragrance, no splotzy spray nozzle and actually melts makeup together without leaving the skin dewy.
8. The last thing I got was from Sehora’s rewards bazaar. I decided to finally try Cover FX’s Mattifying primer. The awesome thing about this is if you have acne prone skin this primer contains an anti acne treatment. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now. It is not drying or otherwise irritating to the skin.
*Links for all products mentioned are in this post.
Thank you for reading. Until next time! Make sure you Like, Share, Comment, and FOLLOW.